Empathy is on a mission to help families with everything they face after the loss of a loved one. Powered by tech and driven by purpose, we provide peace of mind by guiding families through all the tedious and time-consuming tasks that follow a loss. We partner with employers and life insurance companies, offering their employees and/or clients meaningful support when they need it most. We work steadfastly to update and innovate our offerings to make sure families are always receiving the highest level of support. It’s unique and rewarding work that offers many interesting challenges along the way.
Our flagship product is a digital loss companion that accompanies families through every aspect of a loved one’s death, from funeral planning and estate settling to dealing with grief, mortality, and family. Partnering with families to bring empathy and transparency to every aspect of this difficult time in their lives, we’re on a mission to change the way the world copes with loss.
About the team
Empathy has been seeing expedited growth in the Life Insurance industry, gaining traction with carriers throughout the nation and Life Insurance types. We are looking for a sales professional to co-lead our efforts in this space and unlock the growth opportunity that is ahead of us.
Our sales team takes pride in our mission-driven approach. We work together remotely across the U.S to build vision-oriented relationships and find new opportunities. We also value cross-team collaboration, working across the company to offer the best product to our customers.
In this role you will
- Build and manage a dynamic sales pipeline in the life insurance sector.
- Develop deal models and forge large, complex partnerships.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Marketing teams to drive comprehensive solutions.
- Identify and seize new business opportunities, boosting revenue and sustainable financial growth.
- Design compelling proposals for new life insurance products and services, tailored to market needs.
- Lead the negotiations throughout the sales process to ensure favorable terms and agreements for multi-year contracts
- Identify new target market opportunities, especially in life insurance and supplemental benefits.
- Enhance client communication strategies, demonstrating the unique value Empathy offers.
- Establish networks with industry specialists for strategic collaboration and business expansion.
- Successful track record of meeting quotas in high-growth sales environments.
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in the life insurance sector.
- 3+ years of contract negotiation experience, creating deal funnels and managing opportunities.
- Deep knowledge of US Life Insurance products/services, and claims decision-making processes.
- Strong presentation abilities tailored to C-Suite/Executive Leadership Teams.
- Ability to travel to multiple sales regions across the U.S. (35% travel).
- Previous role as a "regional director," preferably on the East Coast or Central regions.
- Experience with platforms such as Salesforce and Gmail.
The base compensation for this position ranges between $145,000 - $185,000. This is decided based on many factors, including but not limited to: skills, qualifications, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, we are proud to offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
At Empathy, we believe that our workforce should reflect the range and variety of the families we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, where all employment decisions are made without regard to age, sex, race, ethnicity, nationality or nation of origin, religion, ability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.